Security cameras can solely be installed as a warning—something that informs burglars or intruders that “we’re always watching.” Or you can optimize your video surveillance to bolster your home’s safety measures.
Fortunately, today’s security cameras come equipped with an array of features all built to deliver total protection for your residence. Whether it’s two-way talk and recording functionality or infrared night vision and lightspeed motion sensors, these tools empower you to utilize the most from security cameras in Tulsa.
How To Set Up Your Tulsa Security Cameras For Premiere Protection
Mounting your home security cameras on the optimal spots around your home is the best place to jump in at with home security.. Indoor security cameras work best when placed in frequented areas such as the living room or den. It’s also a good idea to install a camera near main doors, stairs, or other common areas criminals would have to enter through to get to the rest of your house. Outdoor security cameras should offer you a clear scene of your porch, drive, and patio, shed, and other outdoor detached constructions, like sheds. You can always access a view of your main entryway with a discreet doorbell camera.
There are places within your interior that aren’t quite as important to watch like bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements. Privacy for you and your guests should be a primary concern before mounting a camera in a bedroom.. Feel free to add window or motion detectors if you want a form of security in bedrooms.
Additions That Optimize Video Surveillance
Device layout is only the foundation for extracting the all you can from home security cameras in Tulsa. The innovations shown below help to optimize security and increase overall home safety.
- Motion detection: Receive instant messages on your mobile device anytime strange movement is detected. You can also program cameras to begin filming when activity is discovered which helps add to camera recording time.
- Cloud storage for smart clips: Program your video surveillance to capture footage and back up clips to the cloud for easy playback anytime.
- 2-way talk: Nearly all of current security cameras have a built-in mic and speaker so you can actually speak to people through the device. With your mobile app, you can act like you’re inside or talk to your kids as they arrive home from school.
- Wide field of vision: Field of view is determined by how much a camera can see, and provides a more complete view of any space. Check for cameras that provide a minimum of 120-degree angle lens or that have the ability to pan automatically for superior visibility.
- Dark vision: Double check that your security cameras have either infrared or LED sensors that will capture clips of night-time movement.
- Activity zones: To make security alerts more targeted, create activity zones. For example, you can configure your doorbell camera to alert you of movement happening on your yard or your patio and ignore traffic passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- App: mobile app, like ADT Control®, enable you to view live camera feeds, direct cameras, power or disengage the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app should send instant alerts when the sense unusual motion around your home.
Get Your Security Cameras Today
Getting the most out of your home security cameras in Tulsa is more simple. From lightning quick motion detection to two-way talk, your home security is elevated from just a deterrent to an unbreakable defense. Call (918) 308-5737 or complete the form below to start customizing your home security system today.