Where are the best spots to place your home security cameras in Tulsa? Generally, there are three primary areas of your residence for camera installations: your front door, the exterior space around your home, and key interior rooms. While your installation team is able to suggest where you should install, here's a quick guide of where to place your home security cameras at your home.
Always Safeguard Your Front Door
Even though it might seem absurd that a criminal would try to casually walk in your home’s main entryway, 34% of intrusions take place near this obvious access point. There are also porch pirates among other risks to deal with. Doorbell surveillance is perfect to tackle these possibilities with high-definition, wide-angle viewing.
Doorbell cameras are extra useful as you have the ability to converse with any visitors who approach and press the button. By using your mobile application, like ADT Control, you have the option to answer every ring with two-way communications and live video and look like you’re home. When a person begins doing something criminal, you are able to have your video doorbell instantly document the event on video and deliver it to your mobile phone through a text.
Plan Ahead to Maximize Coverage With Your Outdoor Surveillance System
Figuring out where to place home security cameras around your property is a more challenging undertaking. Thankfully, there are a few beneficial tips to greatly increase the likelihood that your home is defended properly.
- The corners of your Tulsa home allow for a large field-of-view, letting you see two parts of your property.
- Position underneath an eave or straight into a length of siding or exterior trim are perfect spots for security cameras as they will be somewhat concealed by blending into your gutterline.
- Over your garage, because the garage door is a more enticing passageway for burglars than you might believe!
- Overlooking a back porch or back door -- or any entrance not visible from the sidewalk.
To make sure these locations are successful, you should always prune any overgrown plants or trees that could obscure your view.
Suggestions To Enjoy The Most From Your Indoor Video Equipment
You have quite a bit more flexibility on where to place home security cameras inside your home in Tulsa. That same adaptability does mean there are additional aspects to consider:
- Beware of Sun Glare: Although it’s wise to be certain your windows are closed and locked, the sunshine through a window might cause glare and affect your camera’s video feed. Point your interior camera lens away from direct sunlight to eliminate this problem.
- Take the High Road: In the same fashion as a guard tower, a video camera positioned in an elevated area will provide a more panoramic view. Consider putting your cameras on top of bookshelves or mounted on the ceiling.
- Choose Unreachable and Secure Locations: Your camera won’t have the chance to safeguard your home if it’s broken. Place your indoor units in locations where children or pets aren’t able to tamper with them. Consider mounting or a different method of securing them to ensure they don’t crash to the ground if inadvertently knocked into.
- Conceal Your Cameras But Don’t Block the View: The greatest surveillance system won’t do much good if you have a plant blocking the view. On the other hand, decor or foliage may be a perfect way to hide your recording devices. Just be careful they don’t obscure the lens!
Have Secure24 Alarm Systems Install And Place Your Home Security Cameras
To ensure the proper installation of your home security cameras and security devices, use the experts at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We'll help install the ideal plan for your complete residence -- safeguarding all areas. Dial (918) 308-5737 or complete the following form to arrange a consultation.